Marie Jones is dead in the closet of her small room. Her throat has been cut and her head is lying on a cardboard box. The murder weapon is lying next to her body. The important evidence is as follows:
1. The Rag & Bottles - There are two bottles of whiskey on the floor next to a table. Why are they knocked over? There is a rag, which looks like it's covered in blood lying on the floor next to the wall near the bottles. It should be collected, tested and bloood typed for identification.
2. The Candy - An open box of candy is on the floor near the bottles. Who bought the candy? The fancy packaging could be traced back to the store. Are any missing? Do the contents of her stomach prove she had eaten them? At the very least, Jim should be questioned about them.
3. The Body - Are those bangles or were her wrists bound? The ME needs to check the angle of the wound on her neck to determine if it was self-inflicted. The ME should test her blood alcohol to corroborate Jim's story. Lastly, did she fall in a natural manner?
4. The Bureau & Glass - All her dresser drawers are open. Are they empty? There is a glass randomly in the middle of the floor near the dresser. That is odd. What is in the glass?
5. The Suitcase - Coupled with the open dresser drawers, it appears she was trying to leave in a hurry. What is in the suitcase?